View Single Post
Old 17-Feb-2006, 15:11
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Thanks for all the posts, emails, U2U’s and phone calls and for the honesty and caring many of you have shown to me – despite all the utter nonsense in other posts, this is still a great club and I appreciate the friendship

Thought provoking posts from Weeksy, Fordie, Loz and especially Psychlist

So…….according to the advice given, my options are; give it up, 250’s, 400’s, 500’s, 600’s, 650’s and DD

Give it up – a very serious consideration, not just for racing, but bikes altogether – just not getting the buzz anymore. Racing been there done that, bored so move on…trackdays…I don’t know, Jerez didn’t do what it normally does, road riding, don’t do much anyway and even prefer to drive or get the train at the moment. Maybe need to find another source of interest.

250’s – loved riding Monty’s TZ. Agreed a price on a beautiful RS250 whilst in Jerez, but it didn’t give me the buzz I’d hoped for. Monty and I have spent many hours discussing racing his TZ, but it’s not an option, however I may have a little go on it later in the year.

400’s – considered changing my RVF into a trackbike, but sold it. Would have to buy a bike. Competitive class and the top bikes/front runners have spend loads on them.

500’s – loved it in the past, done well, know the bike and the scene, got one, just need to scrape the mud off it. Bored with it though and feel I’ve been there and want to progress, need a challenge

600’s – got a bike, would be ok for my level, cost me a lot – would I really want to rag it, I would be mid to back of the field, but may provide the stretch I need and improve my riding

650’s – considered it, my ex CB’s mate went to SV’s and loves it and it’s improved his riding, would need a bike but there are loads around

DD – thought about it many times and had the offer a few bikes, but I’ve done the one make cheap racing thing before and can’t see DD being any different to CB5’s, albeit, from what I’ve seen it’s a lot friendlier ON the track than CB5’s, but being part of the DD paddock off the track would be great, however I can still get that without entering

Don’t know what to do, so for want of anything else, I’ll stick to what I know and have loved in the past. I’ve sent off my entries for CB500’s, just to ensure I’m on the grid. Lot’s of new (fast) faces coming in this year and my times are slower than they were in 2002 so getting my excuses ready for not getting a top ten place. Racing has never been about winning for me though, it’s about the enjoyment, so if I can get a buzz from being 10th, then I’ve something to stretch for

Like Kev’s idea – enter CB’s and then do 600’s as an extra race to see if it’s any good. (getting an entry will be a problem mind you as usually oversubscribed), but will give it a try

I will be with the DD boys at Cadwell on 25 and 26 (racing both days), (on the CB5!!!)

So, I don’t know. I’ll see how the first outing goes and take it from there.

Thanks for your support

WeeJohnyB