Thread: D57 Termi's
View Single Post
Old 11-Aug-2003, 09:56
Mille

D57 Termi\'s

First impressions.

Weight, not sure how much the titanium rear box saves but the bike definately feels lighter, both on the move and when being pushed around.

Sound, they wail. I could'nt see a BS stamp on the originals and the Termi's have no markings whatsoever. I wonder how that sits with PC Plod?

Fit, my only concern is that the rear-most pipe is very close to the swing-arm.

Performance, I notice a considerable difference. The bike has covered 2500mls and it was run in "hard". It is much more free revving throughout the whole rev range and feels like its breathing naturally compared to standard, which I always felt was somewhat suffercated. It pulls strongly now up to the limiter even in 5th and 6th, with no noticable fuelling problems or "holes". On the over-run theres no popping so I feel that the new chip is doing its job. The front lofts very easily now in 1st on standard gearing. I have noticed an increase in vibration above 6000 rpm.

Picky attached. In case any one is interested my rear end chop was cheaply sorted. Fit a single LED in the remote number plate wiring hole in the main light cluster (£15) and fabricate a simple 80-85 deg bracket to carry the number plate (I used an offcut of 1.5mm stainless sheet), fixed to the rear light mounting bolts between the plastic housing and the heat shield not forgetting some thread lock to counteract the reduced effective threadlength. (The Casoli kit is about £50)