Thread: D57 Termi's
View Single Post
Old 12-Sep-2003, 09:03
Mille

Sorry to hear about the quality of the JHP system Stehens. Believe me the DP system isn't the best either and I had a 6 months wait too!!!

I had to de-burr the pipes, tidy-up the manifold pipe gasket faces, dry fit the system and then refit using a suitable gasket cement at pipe joints as they were not air tight, some of the pipe "sockets" were even ovoid to start with! Oh, the heat shield on the 2-1-2 link pipe did'nt fit properly either, the welded brackets did not allow sufficient space for the original captive nut assemblies to be used.

Nothing in itself too much trouble, just time. Like you, not what I would expect to do with such expensive equipment.

However, the weld quality is good, especially on the rear box.

I will measure the circumference of the pipes this weekend and do a bit of maths. I'll post the results re-actual diameter.

I have been following the recent power debate threads with much interest and will try to get some dyno time in the next couple of weeks. I am interested to know given everyone elses dissapointment exactly what the bike is putting out. I'll post up the graph soon as.