View Single Post
Old 06-Oct-2009, 16:20
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
I pop in and out on here and sadly I look back on the Good Old Days to when all the banter and joviality used to make me and many others, laugh and smile. I can remember coming on here after my mum passed away and everyone on here kept me laughing and smiling. What has happened to the fun aspect of all the people on here. This used to be a family orientated site. Wives/husbands/Partners/Lovers (who were not even riding) could join in and be part of the Ducati Scene. Nowadays I see very little of the fun and family part of this site/club.

Where is the DSC heading to???

Flo x

Hi Flo,

Nice to see you again flower.....

As someone with a broken and badly neglected Ducati in my garage I'm not sure I'm qualified to reply, but that wont stop me putting my 2p in anyways

Times have moved on and there are so many really good Ducati sites out in 'net land now that I tend to look upon our little place as a members utility, more about things strictly happening in and around the club rather than banter about life & the universe.

Its a double edged blade for me:

I miss the old banter myself but I dont miss the cr@p and hours of moderation & calming over heated users down that went with it.

There is still plenty of DSC spirit about as far as banter goes I agree you might need to look further afield here, I've just split my sides laughing out loud for the 1st time here in ages reading some of the Cadwell park DD reports but I know they aint for everyone.

IF we can provide quality events, rides and info for the majority of riders then maybe we might see a better future than of late, winter of course, brings less events but sometime an increase in board activity as we look forward to 2010.

Nearly time to change your sig. block then Flo!!!

Kind Regards to all - Frank x

(Sorry the snog is just for Flo )