View Single Post
Old 26-Apr-2006, 14:22
GTL

Mood: Busy, Busy...Busy!
Trackday concerns

Hi guys, just some thoughts to get a few things off my chest and then your opinions.

I am an experienced track day bod, having now been on over 50 track days, 40 of which in the fast group.
I also have 3 yrs racing experience.
Now i'm defo not saying that im the fastest boy out there by any means but i can hold my own.

On the weekend i was, yet again, completely pollaxed from behind mid way through sears by someone trying to keep up with his 'boyfriend', leaving me with half a dozen cracked ribs and wrecked leathers.

My observation is that more and more race boys are using a track day as pre race prep and more incidents like this are occurring.(This is my 3rd time at being wiped out by another rider)

S**t happens and i know that, but the point is, is that there are a mix of people going as fast as they WANT with people going as fast as they CAN which is a sometimes dangerous combination.

If i race, then i mentally prepare myself to do so. Track days are a different kettle of fish, i DO NOT expect to trade paint, defend my line or have hard moves put on me or for me to put on anyone else!

Snetterton was like nothing i had seen before, it was more a mini race meet than a track day.
EVERYONE had box trailers,warmers,stands,tool boxes, spare wheel trees etc...

Something else i have noticed is that the organisers always say if they notice this sort of thing blah,blah,blah they will send the guy home. On sat it was the only time i have seen, literally 25 people from all groups, rushing up to them complaining and they did bugger all, apart from another speech at lunch.!

I am not about to stop attending track days but am i the only person who has noticed a significant change recently?

Rant over