View Single Post
Old 22-Apr-2009, 13:14
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbers45
sorry Kev....dont understand? Genny...yes I see that! but why the move to super corsa?

If bothering with wets and warmers then why stay with Diablos, may as well have the extra 1.5 secs a lap that proper race rubber offers, just like I do when I race in Minitwins.

After all one of the main complaints coming from some corners is about the cost of Diablos and this is what this thread is about

I can't see as just adding warmers helps not unless you make them compulsory so that everyone entering the first corner on the first lap has the same amount of heat in their tyres.

It would just all add to the costs

Lack of warmers didn't seem to be a problem for Cobby last year, take Race 2 at Pembrey last year, his first lap was 7 seconds slower than his second lap yet it was still in the 1m 14s bracket just like yours and mine best laps for the race.

On a 583 I have done 1m 10S in Minitwins using Warmers and Super Corsas and on my 750SSie I have managed a 1m 08S lap again using Supercorsas but no tyre warmer in Minitwins.

So if Cobby can go as fast on cold tyres as we do on warm ones yet is prepared to take it fairly easy on the first lap by his standards then I can't see the need for warmers on Diablos we just all need to learn to ride like him. In race 1 his first lap was a 1m 12S and we didn't manage that on warm tyres let alone get anywhere his 1M 06S fastest lap.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook