View Single Post
Old 17-Jun-2006, 21:39
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Ummm... can I just say this is a series setup by the DSC for the DSC members, it's not a New Era championship and therefore we can change things if the majority want to (within reason).

There has been some confusion over the Snetterton meeting.

It was supposed to be a similar format to Assen (for those that didn't go to Assen) and be a long race.

Assen never turned out to be a long race.

Also, the way the entry form has the 'long' race at Snetterton, it shows it being another combined grid.

The maximum grid at Snetterton is 40 solos.

There are almost 60 entrants in DD.

Can you see where this is going yet?

Before anyone says "but you only had 40 at Castle Combe.", it became clear that anyone not in the top 22 of each class - would not race - therefore, a lot of people did not turn up.

This will of course happen again if Snetterton is not changed.

All the time DD is being made to look bad, when in fact it's the grid constraints of New Era.

The more this happens, the less people will want to do DD, and then we really will be down to 40 or less riders.

Anyway, I digress, also on the Snetterton entry form are TWO non-championship Desmo Due races on Saturday - something that was a surprise to everyone.

So my point was, rather than have these non-championship races on Saturday, and one combined grid of 40 riders on Sunday (for 20 laps) why not split the whole thing up so everyone can race if they want to.

Therefore the choices could be:

Saturday: Qualifying + 20 lap race for Class A
Sunday: Qualifying + 20 lap race for Class B

or

Saturday: Qualifying + 10 lap race for Class A and a 10 lap race for Class B
Sunday: Free Practice + 10 lap race for Class A and a 10 lap race for Class B

or if there really are only 40 entries...

Saturday: Qualifying + 2 x 10 lap races (combined grid)
Sunday: Qualifying + 2 x 10 lap races (combined grid)

...or just drop Saturday altogether - but then how do you get 50 or 60 riders into a combined race for 40 bikes???

Any suggestions?