View Single Post
Old 27-Dec-2006, 18:13
Mille

Enjoyed the write-up - hope you'll continue to enjoy the bike as much. Looking forward to hearing about the more mundane aspects of it - reliability, finish, etc. Having read some of the mag reports (Bike, PB), they agree what a fantastic ride it is, and looks beautiful, but to me, from the photos it does look a little Japanese - what do you guys who've seen it think ? After 3 years or so, I'm just coming round to appreciating the truly unique lines of the 999, and the 1098 does seem a little like back-peddling, but I suppose if it had come out after the 998 it would have been seen as a natural evolution. Ducati can't win I suppose ! But I have no doubt that if it goes half as well as it looks, it will sell loads.

I pity the poor 999 owners who are trying to sell or trade in their bike now - but I reckon it could be a wise move to snap up a mint 999r or FILA rep now or in a couple of months. In 10 years, it will be seen as a classic, adventurous, unqiue design - I think I'm going to get saving for a 749R now, and snap up a bargain when all the money is after a 1098.

Anyone got a 1098S yet ?

Matthew