View Single Post
Old 02-Mar-2005, 21:00
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by rob41b
I can't believe what are US cousins are willing to pay for these bikes? I know the current exchange rate makes it seem less than it for European comparisons, but $15,000 is a lot of dosh.

Is it? Works out to less than £8K at current exchange rates. I don't know about SP prices, but Jasper reckons on another thread that he's been offered 12K for his SP5 on a couple of occasions.

Anyway, whatever the cost would you dare ride it if you had the wherewithall to buy it and get it shipped across here. I mean a 1992 bike that only had 290 miles on it when the guy bought it 4 years later in 96 - whoa 75 miles a year

It's obviously lived a much harder life since then because the seller has done 2100 miles since 1996 - that's a massive 230 miles a year - obviously knackered then.

I wouldn't dare buy a bike like that. I'd do that sort of mileage on it on a Sunday ride out and it would be covered in dead flies. Before you knew it i'd have done 20,000 miles on it, a few trackdays and probably lobbed it.