Thread: Gutted
View Single Post
Old 26-Jan-2009, 08:51
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I know exactly what you mean John. Sounds like we've got a similar problem, on-street parking, on a steep hill, on a narrow street. I just went out on Sunday and found that my drivers door mirror has been smacked, again, and it's all split and broken. I've also lost count of the number of times people have left big scuffs on the corners of my bumpers as they've been clumsy getting in and out of parking spaces. I used to take it down to the body shop each time and get it fixed (at my own expense because the repair wasn't worth claiming for with a £350 excess and the effect on no claims) and only one person in all that time has had the courtesy to leave a note on my car offering to pay for the damage. I've given up now after one such repair lasted less than a day, and some arse has keyed the front wing.

Of course, my car is nowhere near as lush as yours, but I still worked hard for a car that other people are knocking lumps off and it's looking very shabby as a result.

As if that's not enough, I've lived in my road for over 20 years and the parking has always been tight, but now some busybody has taken to leaving computer printed notes on peoples cars with a picture of a Fire Engine and a Dust Cart (of all things) saying "Please do not block the road to these vehicles - you have now been reported to the police" - anonymous notes of course, left on vehicles that are perfectly legitimately parked.

Bastids.

Hope you get the chance to walk over the arse who did it

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^