View Single Post
Old 27-Apr-2006, 19:23
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by razz

OTOH on the continent the attitude seems to be "after you, Claude". I know which I prefer! I've always put it down to the "social" side of days abroad - you all stay in the same hotel and drink together and the anti-social riders just don't seem to attend.

Sorry. must disagree, just got back from doing a track day at Oscherslaben in Germany, probably the worst organised track day I have ever seen there was total nutters in all four groups, club racers & National riders, Dark Dog Kwak 600 team to name but one. Even when one member of our group who was in group 1 complained that they had been clipped in a corner, the organiser was not bothered, just gave them there money back & said off you go
It was the first time I have felt intimidated even in group 3, & as an ex club racer I would not call my self slow, but even I bailed out of the last session (as it was a free for all ) when some local racer on a Duke as well, brushed my left leg with his as I peeled into a right hander, & I was close to the edge of the track.
Apart from that it was a fantasic day, many thanks to my brother Paul ( Bionicle) for organising it & letting me use his new track day bike (ex 996 race bike).

Chris.