View Single Post
Old 01-Jul-2014, 15:14
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimjob
If wets are allowed into DD then to be competitive you will need 2 bikes,.

Nah, you don't need two bikes. I raced in DD class C on my 996 2012. Two sets of wheels ( wets and inters ) When it was bone dry we all put drys on when it was wet wet we put wets on and when it was neither of either we all made our own choice. Many a time the Classic superbike grid had half the grid on wets and half inters/slicks. We then all rode to the ability of the tyres. Yea we crashed in the wet and dry Derrr its racing :-) Look at moto GP last weekend and wet and dry choice :-)
I don't think any of the class C had two bikes
I raced in DD class A / DD class B and DD class C and I have to say I enjoyed C the most and the biggest reason was being able to use wets. I was Dallas No2 in Class A and B ( wet wasted weekend ) my choice to race in a control tyre series but in C I went out every race wet or dry. But at least it looked like a race rather than a parade of people trying stay upright.
Kev, the fastest guys. well yes all 2 of them and how fast would they have been on wets, they would have pushed both tyres
Cost of tyres, hmmm how much to go to Knockhill ? drop the round ( ok under current rules ) and buy wheels and tyres. Race entry/Test day/Petrol bike & Van/food etc
I'm not a DD member any more so I can not vote but I wanted to share my experience and personal thoughts on this matter and I do think people are being mislead by some of the reasons no to go to wets.

But at the end of the day if you sign up for a series that races on a controlled road tyre then there is no moaning on the day and if every signed up DD member has been balloted for the last few years and its still no then you cant argue the success of DD over the last what 8 years or more ? One of the bigger grids most weekends.

Craig