View Single Post
Old 22-Mar-2004, 00:24
Mille

Mood: Pensive
Hi guys

Thanks for looking out for us, even if we didn't meet up.

Frank - I just read this post and realised it was you who was around yesterday and today! I didn't recognise you with the sunglasses on.

Guido - sorry you didn't make it this afternoon, but get it straight - it's a 998S - NOT an RSV ;-)

Friday practice went OK, doing consistent 1:38's which wasn't bad for my first time out this year (last year's PB was 1:37)

Saturday practice was dogged by really nasty weather, but managed to qualify fifth in heavy wind / rain with a 2:02.

Saturday races were cancelled due to 80mph gusts and the occasional cloudburst.

Sunday races were pretty awful. For the first race, moved to Dunlop Intermediates and they made the bike SO unstable through the Esses and Barcroft I was having to back-off (can usually take this entire section on full gas) - best lap was an embarrassing 1:41.

Due to the various cloudbursts over the weekend, opted to go for wet front and intermediate rear for second race. Turned out to be a lousy decision - track stayed completely dry and by lap 2 I'd cooked the front wet to the point where I was losing it and had to retire.

Steve Colquhoun (Weagi) lost his cherry by finishing his first two races ever, and keeping it sunny side up.

If any of you guys know Paul Noble (Black RSV in Chesterfield colours, with Blue leathers - does a lot of track days there) he pulled off an awesome achievement - 5th place in his first EVER race. If you see him, pat him on the back - he's a star.

Ho hum!

Leslie

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by 998Addict]

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by 998Addict]