View Single Post
Old 30-Mar-2005, 20:09
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Bearing in mind that the 748R engine is basically a sleeved down 996 one, I can see no good reason why a 996 engine wouldn't go straight in.
I don't really see any good reason to put one in either tbh, if you check out the sigma site I believe the 853R he did was putting out around 120bhp and cost about £2000 to do. Thats got to be cheaper than changing your bike, and in many cases is just as powerful as a 996 anyway. (notwithstanding tuned ones of course) I used to chat a bit with some guys who ran a supersport spec 748RS which was producing 127bhp, imagine that with an 853 set up!
I know my little bike is expected to pull around112 when I get the power commander set up, and already does 108, that's more than most 916's, and it is standard bar 50mm end cans.
On my good friday ride out I was with two friends on 600's an SRAD and a CBR, I left them both for dead on a straight bit. I know anyone can do straights and all that but it does go to show that dukes aren't as slow as all those il4 guys seem to think.
Don't follow the herd deej, that little duke will teach you so much more about riding than any mass produced ujm ever could!