View Single Post
Old 02-Oct-2011, 21:00
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Class B Bike for sale: 2nd in Championship

My Class B bike is for sale. I’ll leave this advert on here and Ducatisti until Thursday, but then it will be going on eBay for a 10day auction. So get in quick before the bidding frenzy I am looking for the closest offer to £1,900.

The bike has a very good pedigree in the series, finishing 3rd in 2007, then helping me to 7th in 2010 (my first season racing), before finishing 2nd this year. It should really have won this year, but I am somewhat impetuous and crashed from a 20second lead in the last race (but we don’t talk about that!).

It was extensively rebuilt with no expense spared at the beginning of 2011 by DWR. If you want to see how extensively, check out some pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1 6bca&type=1

It has won 4 races this year, helped me to 5 pole positions, and is one of only 3 Class B bikes to set a new course record this year in Class B. Some pictures of it setting the new Class B lap Record at Anglesey (my first visit to the track) can be found here: http://rage-graphics.com/gallery2/v/...glesey+_HMRC_/

The full spec is listed below, but the important thing to note is that the only differences between the bike I am selling and the one that set the Anglesey lap record are that it now has my older Black Wheels (with Brembo discs) and a plactic rather than Carbon mudguard. So you could literally take this bike as it is, set lap records, win races, and win a Championship.

Full Spec:
• Full engine rebuild including new pistons and barrels at beginning of 2011
• IRC master cylinders/levers (a little bent, but these alone are £200 each)
• Wilbers rear shock set for 85kg
• Wilbers linear rate fork springs, with forks set up by KAIS
• Ducati Performance igniter boxes
• One-off exhaust into underseat MHP Carbon silencer
• Bespoke oil cooler
• Scitsu rev counter
• 851 Alloy swingarm (very rare)
• Brembo calipers all round with Brembo front disks
• SES clipons and crash bungs
• New rearsets and Renthal grips just fitted.
• Lighter battery
• Damaged/repaired ZX10R seat and 1098 fairing (see attached pictures taken yesterday, they are still quite presentable)
• Selection of lihghtweight sprockets
• I have probably forgotten a ton of other things, so if you have any questions, pm me.

The bike in this spec is around 169kg and has been tested straight after 3 races with 48bhp. I can honestly say the only thing I think would do to make this a better bike is a different exhaust header set-up (something by JAC for £200 should see it back up around the 51bhp it had before the exhaust change – but I decided to give the others a chance!) and change the electric pump back to the vacuum pump. It had new pads an oil change and new valve collets last month to make sure it was good for the final 2 rounds.. If I were racing it again I would get the belts changed, but other than that it is good to go.

Enjoy it, I did!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2305.jpg (267.9 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2306.jpg (248.4 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2331.jpg (308.6 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2332.jpg (254.9 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2333.jpg (239.7 KB, 203 views)