View Single Post
Old 16-Apr-2009, 02:53
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Superstock 2009: Monza Test

Monza - Test
Wednesday Apr 15 2009Monza - Test THE DUCATI XEROX JUNIOR TEAM BENEFITS FROM TWO-DAY MONZA TEST

Monza (Italy), 10th April 2009: from April 9th to 10th, Monza was host to a number of the Superbike teams but also provided the Ducati Xerox Junior Team with the opportunity to carry out testing in preparation for the upcoming Superstock 1000 round to be held at this same track on May 10th. Both of the Junior Team riders, Xavier Simeon and Daniele Beretta, were assisted by the dry and sunny conditions and were able to work hard over the two days. Simeon clocked up more than 350 km on day two and was able to record a fastest lap time of 1m48.6s while team-mate Beretta also rode a similar distance in his efforts to find the right feeling at this fast and complicated track; 1m50.4s was his best time.

XAVIER SIMEON – “Monza is a strange track as it requires speed but at the same time a chassis set-up that can cope with the many chicanes. This was an important test in view of the upcoming Monza race that will be as difficult as ever. The first day we suffered from a few technical problems but my technicians did a great job and on Friday I was able to complete all of the work that we had planned. I must admit that I was happy with my lap time but we can’t get complacent, the competitions remains stiff. I’d say that testing has gone well and I hope to improve on my last result at the next race…”

DANIELE BERETTA – “I am very happy to have had the chance to test at Monza, a track that is not among my favourites. The tight chicanes demand violent braking and lightening acceleration, a riding style that I am not yet confident of possessing. I’m not dissatisfied with my lap time but I’m sure I can do better, and riding with the others allowed me to better understand the fast lines. I hope to do well in the Monza race, also because I am close to home and I wouldn’t want to disappoint the many friends that will come to see me.”