View Single Post
Old 10-Dec-2012, 19:15
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeendy
well chaps i have completed all the paperwork , got the bike , all i need know is a bit of help from you old sages and i should be out to play next year,
the bike i have purchased is a monster which has a bikini fairing and belly pan , what do i need to fit a full fairing as i prefer that look ,
the bike is an ex DD race bike which raced last year at cadwell. do i need to do any winter maint on the bike besides oil and filter, ie drain tank and carbs , belts, etc , the bike is kept in a warm dry place so the winter will not harm my new toy, sorry for the dumb questions , cheers in advance

Well you will need a full fairing to start with, then just fashion brackets to secure it. I only use a Bikini fairing, easy fix when it goes down the road or off it completely.
As its been raced you will want to treat it to some decent oil and filter. Belts are not overly dear on the 583 so put a pair on. Just have a good check around as if something can fall off it certainly will. So cable tie multi-plugs together after making sure terminals are clean and silicone greased.

Just obvious house keeping really. Good luck with it.