View Single Post
Old 29-Jul-2006, 19:52
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Qualifying:

Qualified 14th, got gridded 34th. Ummm...go figure. Protested - got it sorted.

Race 1: Good start, lead Minitwin, about 6th overall, got punted off the track at the hairpin by some tit who outbraked himself and used me as a crash barrier. Quite how he thought he was gonna get round the hairpin on that line is beyond me. I went grasstracking, somehow stayed on and recovered my composure to come 10th overall and 3rd in class.

Damage: wrecked boot left boot, scratched left exhaust, scratched front carbon guard, broken fairing mid-panel, broken upper fairing, broken bellypan, scratched swinging arm..

Gord' worked wonders and got the bike sorted for race 2 - held together with duct tape.

Race 2: The recent late nights (especially last night trying to fix a slipping clutch) were taking their toll and I was popping Pro-Plus to keep me awake.

Got a good start and was in contention until lap 4 when I seemed to lose the plot and went backwards for some reason. I struggled a bit simply with being too tired. 10th overall, 3rd in class.

Mixed bag then - I'm still not up to what I call good race pace with my lap times being in the 1:37-1:38 bracket. The bike was fine - fast and competitive. I wasn't but, then that's my first race in 10 months so, maybe I'm being a bit hard on myself.