View Single Post
Old 25-Mar-2009, 15:25
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
As we will have lots of free time to kill at Donington I am hoping to bring my two sets of scales along and weigh as many bikes as possible I think we have 34 entered at present. The forms are printed and the ramps are made, maybe have to get some new batteries to be on the safe side

On Saturday the scrutineering bay will be a busy area and then we will be on track at 11am and then later in the afternoon so I am proposing we try and arrange it for either Sunday Morning or Sunday Lunchtime (what would people prefer) and possibly do it in 3 groups

Class B odd numbers
Class B even numbers
Class A - All

Normally weighing of bikes to police the series would take part when a Parc Ferme is held after a race and then bikes directed to the weigh area.

I intend for this to be more of an eye opener so anybody whose bike is under weight can address the situation and those with bikes over weight can look to see where they can make improvements.

I also intend to bring 3 bottles of Plonk with me as prizes, just need to rember to put them in the van with everything else.
One for the lightest legal bike in each class (must have at least 2 litres of fuel in the tank) and one for the Heaviest overall.

As my bike has no chance of being the lightest in class A I was thinking of filling the tank to the brim and see if I can make it the heaviest

Helpful and constructive Comments please

Kev

Hope you have the Lloyd's test certificate for them Kev