View Single Post
Old 14-Dec-2013, 21:55
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
Confession!!!!!

All is good advice...however!
Lock wired in the oil pressure sensor and all good, starting to feel smug again (should have known at that point I was about to get a lesson in humility....but oh no, smuggness prevailed). Really worked out elegent answer for tank retainer strap.....smuggness increased.
As the neutral light was not coming on I wondered what was causing it so decided to investigate. So ended up grinding down a 13mm ring spanner so I could remove offending neutral sensor, that done I wiped off the oil, pressed it a few times, re-connected it and it worked at treat. So re-installed it and.....bugger no light! Checked bike in neutral (all the way down and one click up, hey presto neutral), no light, sensor out re-connected it, light working....mmmmm!
Thought to self I wonder if I started bike on paddock stand, ran in gear back into neutral and it magically sorts itself out. So fitted swing arm back, chain, rear wheel....off we go!!!!! No poxy neutral light!
Again checked crossing wires out of sensor and the light comes on.....just about the same time the light came on in my walnut sized brain......gears...all the way down and one up? I am running race pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clicked the lever all the way up and one down, light came on sright away.
So if you see me with a spanner in my hand, in my tool box you will find a large rubber mallet.....you know what to do!