View Single Post
Old 10-Dec-2009, 00:30
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHP John
Mr C next time you are in the Midlands please call into the shop and I will show you the flow readings from my flow bench, with std filter, with JHP filter and without filter. without doubt a fresh engine without filter flows marginaly better than a fresh engine with JHP ( or std ) filter but the fresh engine without filter is very soon a worn engine with poorly seating valves and considerably down on power to a filtered engine. Of course if money and frequent rebuilds are no problem go without filters ! jhp john

Only problem with the ITG/JHP filters is the space that is taken up in what is designed as a pressured airbox. I have used the in tube PiperX ones in the past But in this case he cant use them.
What kind of time scale untill things become worn? Surely not unless you live in the desert running without a filter wont hugley add premature wear to valve seats??
I know of some who have used high denier tights as air filters!!
Big plus point if the JHP type filters are if you end up upside down and tankless in the gravel there is less chance of kitty litter ending up down the inlets.