View Single Post
Old 23-May-2006, 23:19
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon749
Quote:
Originally posted by spartacus

and those with more knowledge on here seem to suggest that the bigger capacity bikes aren't as good for cornering as the 74* series. ( I could be mistaken, and welcome corrections).

Whilst I ride a 749 and love the handling, I have had a 999 and it is a much quicker bike. As for the handling on the 999, just as good as the 749 ... I think the diference is the fact that you arrive at corners 30mph faster and can be more of a handful when coming out of corners. That's what I found anyway.

Is this the reason that you changed from the 999 to the 749?
To be honest, at the moment, i'm inclined to fit a set of termi's (54mm full system?) PCIII and see what difference some training will do. I know on the 748's that there was the 853 kit from sigma and the like, but not sure about the reliability aspect, and also the cost may be a bit high assuming there was something similar for the 749, though if I was to mod my engine, i'm not sure i'd go that far.

Really want to get myself on a CSS day, but they're all down south . So guess I should start looking for a good bike friendly hotel for a day or 2 near silverstone or Rockingham, i think the courses are.