View Single Post
Old 08-Aug-2012, 18:36
Bikes: 900 Monster, GPz750 Turbo

Mood: Happy enough most of the time
Another new boy (old git)

Hello all

Been a long time DOC & UKMOC member, but strangely not come across you before. Had loads of bikes over the years, but the only one I've ever kept long term is my 900 Monster which I bought in '97 when it was just 500 miles old. There's not much of the original bike left, frame, swing arm & a few small bits. The rest of it is all carbon, ex 888 race wheels, 900ss engine & forks, Nitron shock, flat slides etc. I've done loads of track days on it, used it as my only transport for a couple of years, basically love it to bits, what a sad old duffer

I've been through the fast jap bike thing ending up with a gsxr1000, which was amazing, but once you've had it flat out & done a very tiring track day on it, just becomes a liability. That was the last other bike I had until a couple months ago when I got all nostalgic & decided to by a project GPz750 Turbo. I'm nearly ready to take for an mot, then I'll ride it about a bit to make sure the motor & box are ok before pulling it apart to stick all the YZF750R running gear I accidentally bought on it.

Any road up I'm of for a gander round here.

Steve

Last edited by Monster966 : 08-Aug-2012 at 19:26.