View Single Post
Old 20-Jul-2006, 09:41
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
Loony there's no way that lot will fit into the space. The std subframe, fuse box, relays and headlight will all foul the carbon runner.
If you have the chance of a carbon runner then you can re-position the fuse box and relays easily enough to sit in the middle of the runner (where the ecu would mount on the works bikes), you'd need a custom light - maybe a mini projector ? and then the runner acts as the front subframe for your fairing mounts.
Not sure how you would retain the standard clocks arrangement but I'm sure that it could be sorted with some thought.
If you go down this route then you will then also need the bracket mounts that bolt onto the runner - these are used to mount the front nose cone onto and I have some nice CNC'd brackets, complete with nutserts, for just this purpose (CAD scanned and modelled from original factory brackets).
Any questions or if you want some pics of available space etc please let me know btw I don't have a headlight fitted up at all (nor indicators) and am just running a tail light and horn.