View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2011, 19:22
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
And my 2p's.
The main Ethos of DD was to get people from doing trackdays to get into racing as cheaply as possible with rules that did not allow the person with deeper pockets to buy go faster tuned engines etc.

To add full wets, spare wheels will etc, cost is a minimum of £300-400 plus, how many times would you use them?? once, twice, maybe three times.

Some riders would put wets on when they are not needed, some would go all out in the wet and still end up in the kitty litter.

Some riders say that it is a safety issue??? sorry I for one do not buy that, I have raced with wets & with out wets, and belive me it is down to how you ride, I have beaten riders on bigger bikes who went out on wets while I went out on my standard race tyres (207gp's) at the time, a lot of it is all in the mind. The reason some one ends up falling is one of three things, too hard on the brakes, to ham fisted on the throttle, and leaning the bike to far over rather than hanging off the bike.

You are all on the same tyres, the smoother you ride the faster you go, the faster you go the hotter the tyres get, the hotter the tyres get, the faster you can go.

One fact regarding road tyres, they are made to be ridden in the wet, if they were not capable they would be illegal.

My own toughts would be that class "B" would dwindle if you allowed wets to be added, my self and others spoke to three people wanting to join DD next season, or later this season if they can be ready, and the reason they wanted to join, "Because it is a cheap, friendly race series".

Like I said, just my 2p's worth.

Chris