View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2011, 22:58
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
it's always a fun debate on here when it comes to it. yes it makes it slightly cheaper, but in reality how much as above many will have spare wheels and have enough sense to be able to make a decision on what tyres to use.

Those saying that novice could get it wrong are not giving people much credit. yes, we all make incorrect tyre choice when given options, but equally we all make incorrect decisions on how hard to push in wet weather, especially novices?? DD is not the only place novices start and yet they manage to make decisions in all these other classes without too much issue. its all part of the learning curve and fun of racing!

I have now raced in 3 low powered twin races series and would pick the series with wets every time. CB500 is cheaper and more constraimed than DD but they can run controlled wets as well. at 145 set it's not breaking the bank and they last and they are Flippin AWESOME!!!

I love ducatis and would race back in DD if they had wets, simple fact, I also reckon that for every person who says they are joining DD because its cheap they would probably still join if wets were an option but I bet there are more people wont join because they are not!!