View Single Post
Old 15-Apr-2005, 19:01
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
same thoughts here about having my freedom taken away - but i decided not to bow down and...... this weekend will be taking ownership of a 1 owner 748 2002 model(yellow) to replace my old one. yes i am worried, but like you that mechanical thing represented more than just a means of transport or even an iconic bike - and i am not going to have that taken away. It is 3 and a half months now and it still touches a nerve - you (like me and loads of others) spent time/effort getting the bike set to our satisfaction - for me little things like taking all the panels off and going thru the wiring/connectors checking, tidying and tying up and spraying with silicone - just to know that it is as good as can be. There are alot of good people on this site who are commiserating - it is not the money in the end - it is the "violation" for want of a better word - and having someone dictate what you can and can't do/have. hope the insurance is not a hassle - mine was OK, if you need any info let me know.