View Single Post
Old 09-Jun-2011, 14:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
What Monty and John said.

What great bike, brilliant road bike but utter crap off road.

Early niggles with the centre stand arm being too long sorted by hack saw and a bit of welding.

The worlds worst panniers for leaking (faster you go the bigger the gap) sorted very neatly by factory mod, not that I use them much.

Over keen ABS sorted by some computer trickery.

Low rev fuelling issues reported by some others (wasn't that bad on mine) was improved by remapping.

Fuel gauge that has a mind of it's own at times, i.e. still reads empty for 50 miles after refilling. Anyone else got this prob?

As for riding, well it's fast, comfy and handles well. Good enough to cover 1,000 miles in one hit, whilst averaging 82 mph and 40 mpg which ain't bad at that sort of average speed.

It'll only do 157 mph (144 mph genuine according to the GPS) with the top box fitted so if you want to go faster don't use the top box. This was on a private test track of course, well I think it was private as you had to pay to use it, but there seemed to be a few others around with the same idea.

Don't bother using it off road unless your a factory rider posing for pics. The 17 inch front wheel makes it horrible off road, plus you'd struggle to get a proper off road tyre in a 190 rear. If you really want to ride something of this ilk off road buy a KTM.

All credit to Ducati for putting an engine like that in a bike like this. It's a bit mental, but thats what makes it fun.

Last edited by BDG : 10-Jun-2011 at 09:23.