View Single Post
Old 23-Jun-2005, 14:14
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
£699 is about the same as you would be for a Termi assymetric race silencer , carbon cover , front pipe with no cat and carbon leg guard and a pair of hi-flow air filters to make it work properly , this is what I have on my 749R and it runs sweet as you like

The cat in the standard front pipe is approximately 3" long , it is a corrugated / swirling series of fine sheets and IS quite restrictive , I think the cat in the nearside (short pipe) entry to the standard silencer is exactly the same , the outlets from the standard silencer are identical.

The race silencer has two different size inlets but the perforated sleeves inside the silencer box are identical , as are the outlets , which are quite a bit bigger than the outlets in the standard box.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I can't see any benefit to the mesh thing on the underside of your silencer , it just looks like a dirt trap and extra weight , what's the point of fitting a light weight end can and then fitting an "extra" bit to it ?

As an aside , a S/H Termi system / part / whatever will always have a value , a bike fitted with the same will also be a more desirable S/H purchase , I doubt the same can be said of your pipe , I may be wrong but you can let us know 1 day maybe ?

[Edited on 23-6-2005 by yellowisfriedegg]