View Single Post
Old 31-Aug-2006, 16:03
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athelstan
I have no doubt the 1098 will be a winner so long as it comes in YELLOW (surely the lads at Ducati cannot dump another ugly bike on the market aka 999), but I await good news re another ugly bike that needs some creative work - the Sports Tourer. The Japo ST3 is not a patch on the "older and superior" ST4s (and even that has a bland front end). Come on Ducati give us a world class design for Sports Tourers and an engine better than that fitted to my YELLOW ST4s.

I'm ahead of you there mate, there is a cunning plan forming involving the engine and front end of an S4RS being grafted onto my YELLOW ST4S. It should just bolt straight in what with the S4RS chassis being basically an ST4S one anyway. I rode Ducati UK's S4RS demonstrator at the trackday and it is awesome-loads of torque and a totally linear and manic top end-perfect 'sports touring' engine, and the Ohlins forks with radial brakes are just the icing on the cake.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!