View Single Post
Old 01-Aug-2005, 11:06

Mood: Fed up
Quote:
Originally posted by crm250
Ah something close to my heart, mine has never snapped but once the ride height was set it leaned quite alamingly and that was before it had the ventura system fitted so i had a 1" block welded to the bottom. sure it looked like a club foot and a bit odd but sat so much better.
i now have a cyclecat stand which is an inch longer than stock and its superb. well worth £100 i really cant reccomend one enough. much thicker more substantial, ok you still wouldnt sit on the bike but it easily takes the weight now

Do you know if the Cyclecat sidestands are available to buy online in the UK?

I have a 748S and for a long time ive been concerned about the sidestand, the fact I can see it flex as it takes the weight of the bike doesn't inspire confidence!

I pulled up to fill up on gas yesterday, kicked the sidestand out and started to lean the bike onto it and the bike just kept leaning. I stood the bike back up straight and the stand just fell to the ground, somehow the bolts holding the stand to the frame of the bike had come loose (rattled free?) Fortunately there was a friendly biker at hand to hold the pike whilst i filled up and picked up my stand for the ride home to repair it! Its definately time to replace it.

A bit more worrying, there appears to be oil leaking from the 2 holes where the side stand bolts onto, does that mean anything to anyone?