View Single Post
Old 15-Jun-2003, 22:53
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
thanks guys.

The pressures cold were 34 rear, 31 front, which is what I ride them at on the road, I left them at that, and checked them after a session, they were 36 rear 32 front. Track was Lydden, and it was hot yesterday. Lydden is all right handers except one left so the effect is mostly on the right side. The tyre, Michilin Pilot sport was fitted about a week ago, how do you tell when it was manufactured? Wheels are light, - Magnesium Marchesinis if that is of any relevance.

I did not ask the instructor, - I know, duh, but I really was not happy with myself as I was Mr Slow on slow day and was sulking to myself. The ride home from the track has removed most of the chunking effect, but you can still see it is not the usual neat blistering, - I will try and get a picture posted.

My original statement of chunking itself apart is perhaps more dramatic than it is, but it was almost looking like it was cutting into existing rubber and moving it back around the tyre as a lump adding to the profile. This is tough to describe.