View Single Post
Old 04-Jun-2003, 20:15
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
I have the facilities to re-manufacture the damn thing, but problem is as Gannet says - finding a suitable material.

Had considered stainless, but problem there is using a tough enough grade for an axle makes it a real swine to machine.

Titanium is also a problem because of the possiblity of cracks, which is probably why not many race teams use the stuff. had thought about having the original re-ground and then heavily plated to bring the sizes back up, but this could be a bit iffy. Might look into doing one from one of the better alluminium alloys, but would probably need to make the thing solid to get the strength back!

Suppose I could make on from spaghetti, at least the bloody thing wouldn't corrode! why do we put up with this? we spend thousands on abike and tolerate the thing rotting away before our very eyes, but if it were a car we would hit the roof! Have tackled my dealer about this, but all I got was "They all do that Sir!"

Come on ducati UK, get a grip. You have a fabulous product, even better image, but crap quality control, at leat where the plating shop is concerned1111