View Single Post
Old 25-Nov-2009, 21:17
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9rrr
Hi. Me and a few mates are off to do Andorra in July and was looking for a spot of advice, do,s and donts from any of you who have done this trip?

We intend to get the ferry, Plymouth Bilbao and thats it... Was wondering if anyone knows of good places to stay and of course, great roads to try.
Thanks.

I took a trip a few years ago with a few mates. We headed of running parralel to the Pyrenesse,towards Pamplona and beyond,some fantastic roads Compared to UK it doesn't matter where you ride over there it has everthing,fast sweepers to tight hairpins . Be aware if you ride some of the smaller B roads especially up in the hills cattle use the roads as well as bikes and its not unusual to hit a bend and find what you dont want to find lying across the road,I found that if a bends mark up with a sign it means a bend not like we have over here
All I can say is it pays to book ahead you B&B and we found the best places to stay were the old monestry's tucked up in the hillsides. We found a good booklet about them on the ferry.Often good accomodation and will do an evening meal. I saw two police officiers one man, one women watching a roundabout with bikes parked up sunning themselves nice wave to us no problems. It did rain one day so be prepared. Its so easy to over do it and we all found ourselves knacked, fitting in over 450 mile because we underestimated the distance from the ferry to our first B&B Likewise on the return journey to the ferry allow plenty of time to get back. Have a good safe trip. 4D