View Single Post
Old 22-Apr-2005, 15:10
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
For the money I guess it's a good deal, but you shouldn't of had to hack away at the belly pan or at least not to that extent... Hmmmm decisions decisions.

I can get a kit in black (pre-preg) for £325 cash (no seat unit) or get this for £200 or so and then have to butcher the bellypan and then get it painted

My head hurts

Frankly, I'd go for the £325 deal. This seemed like a good option at the time, and time was something I had little of. I had booked my first track day with 4 weeks notice and only then thought about how I was going to prepare the bike. RP make the fairings to order and supplied within 2 weeks. They were very apologetic about the belly pan problems and have sent me a new one (with the sides left longer as they thought that might help - it won't). I only found out the other hassles about the battery carrier after that conversatio with them. Normally I woudl have hit the roof over this as it clearly does not fit the bike it is intended for. They only thing they could have done was a refund and then I would not have had a fairing for my first outing. Hence the "cut and shunt and live with it" approach.

My head hurt for the following couple of weeks too whilst I got up the courage to put and angle grinder to it. Useful tool that ... I was still hacking away 2 days before the track day, hence "no paint"