View Single Post
Old 23-Feb-2006, 12:46
Big Twin

Wilfs one of the chaps at Motorapido...knows his stuff about most things...and what he don't know, Steve( other chappie there) does.

I completely agree with you DaveO, this cutting out problem used to plague the 748R range. It was always stated that due to it being a 'fickle beast' and a 'true race rep' that it will always have problems trickling along through traffic etc...but when the bike cuts out when approaching roundabouts/pulling away from junctions etc...thats just wrong and dangerous.

I never bought this 'put up with it' theory...I mean the bike should be fit for purpose, and if it keeps cutting out in dangerous places....THEN ITS NOT!

I now run one of the first 916SP's to come out, high comp, big valves, big exhaust, twin injectors, light flywheel blah blah blah...now if any bike is going to be fickle it should be mine, yet set-up properly, it runs as sweet as a nut around town etc...its a pussy cat...yet open her up and all hell breaks loose.

This is certainly something that I would push to the max with DUK if it were my bike...whats it going to take, someone getting rammed up the arse becasue their bike stalls approaching the lights, or hit from the side when their bike stalls on approaching a roundabout and they end up running on???

If DUK read this board...a response would be nice?

[Edited on 23-2-2006 by Harv748]