View Single Post
Old 09-Jul-2003, 10:18
Mille

there would be a number of things that i can think of that spring to mind.

We would need to be a member of the GISC and we would also have to ensure that we adhered to the FSA etc. We would also have to think about how payments etc were going to be made as there could also be implications around being a licensed credit broker etc. I'm fairly sure that all of these things could be sorted out, probably by setting up some sort of white label scenario with one of the major insurers. We would also have to make sure that we established ourselves as an intermediary or agent selling a DSC branded product which is underwritten by the chosen insurer.

The other thing is that we would be tied to their pricing structure if we were to take this approach which would not be the best thing for a lot of people although it could benefit one or two people whom the insurance company believe to be good risks.

I'm not 100% sure on how this would work if we were to be a broker though. We would probably be better of choosing a broker to be our preferred supplier of insurance and negotiate a better deal that way. I know someone that might be able to help with all of this, I'll send him an e-mail and get back to you when i can.

Sorry for the ramblings, I've just been throwing things down without thinking enough about what I'm writing.