View Single Post
Old 18-Apr-2004, 23:15
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I have to agree with Dazza, it was clear from the race that Max with his ultra smooth lines had the better bike and was running more conservative to Rossi. I agree Rossi naturally moves the bike around more than Max, as he did on the Honda, but you could tell that the yam was struggling and Rossi was making it look good. Ultimately it can down the the last series of right handers that Vale had absolutely nailed and Max had no clue. this is where the advantage was gained and where Vale made it stick.

When I first saw that pass I thought oh, hang on ... but looking at it you can actually see that Max was already on a wide line and that it wasn't a real block pass. If there was contact that would be another story ... also, Tamada made contact so it's a different story. Rossi's ride today and performance over the weekend was nothing short of awesome and all credit to him for pulling it off. Lets make no mistake though, if he didn't bring Burgess and his crew with him from Honda, fantastic development rider that he is, it probably wouldn;t have happened, well, at least as quickly anyway ....

I think we'll see (nostradamus hat on here) as the MotoGP season progresses that Honda and Ducati will be up there (WTF happened to Troy?????) and that it will still be a tight season. I don't think that Rossi's superior skill will keep the Yam at the front at every track. Makes for an interesting year.

I agree with what you're saying Rocker about the overtaking etc .. but today was different I felt. MotoGP and WSB was good racing, even the first race was good.

I feel spoiled being able to watch so much live racing ... and am appreciating it.

Just my .2p worth ....

TP