View Single Post
Old 24-May-2006, 13:23
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
Dominic - there have been many discussions on this over the years - try a search on here or on Visordown.

It seems to me that those who are used to being taught in other aspects of their lives find it really good - it's something you need to approach with an open mind and be prepared to listen. Those that haven't benefitted from it are often those who think that starting at level one (as everyone does because it is the basic building block on which everything is built) is beneath them and go with preconceived ideas.

It's interesting to see from the comments above that some people don't think it's for them because they are racers and think it's aimed at road riders, whilst others think it's not for them because they are not GP stars. Can't win really, can they! As Tony says, it's aimed at anyone who wants to improve their cornering skills.

It is expensive - but maybe you need to compare the cost of improving your riding, something which is transferable to any bike, with spending the same money on improving your bike. Why not buy/borrow Twist of the Wrist and see what you think? (I believe most people find book 2 comes before book 1 but am happy to be corrected)

And no, I've not done it (I don't have a bike licence!) but I have listened to Andy and the others doing their stuff on 3 x 2 day courses now and also listened to what many of the students have had to say about their experiences of the school.

Incidentally Dom, yes Luthi was in 125s before he got involved with Andy in early 2005. In 2004 he finished 25th in the championship, in 2005 he won it - with the same team. Something must have changed...