View Single Post
Old 26-Feb-2011, 13:31
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996
...three to four years...

Yes, I know it will need belts,battery ckeck...(£250 ish guessing)

so what do you think its worth ????

Where are you going for a full service? £250?

It'll need all the fluids changed. That'll include flushing the brake and clutch systems, along with all the coolant, as well as the oil, filter (oil screen, which most people forget), fuel filter, etc...

I'd be looking at the full service as a starting point, with clearances all being checked. Yes, new belts (correctly fitted) are right up towards the top of the list.

Not a bad idea to have the other keys systems (suspension, steering) checked, lubed, torqued as well...

Yes, a new battery's most likely needed (I doubt that even a carefull stored battery would be the same after that period of time)

Depending on how carefully it's been stored, you'll want to take care with the tyres as well. Even if kept indoors, warm and dry; the tyres will start to 'harden' a little and can suffer from 'flatting' if they've not been turned regularly.

A concern, with anything that's stored for such a long period is obviously condensation build-up, shrinking seals and stuff like that...

These things are designed to be used (even just warming something through doesn't get things up to a proper working temperature).

G