View Single Post
Old 30-Nov-2005, 13:02
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I think they are beginning to appreciate in price, or at least Strada's are holding steady at around the 4K mark, with 2-3K above that for an SP. They're obviously not making any more of them, so they'll gradually become more of a rarity, and the recent spike of interest in the 888 section on this board shows that there are more and more people who are getting interested in them.

I bought my Strada back in late September from Forza Italia for £4750. I didn't quibble about paying the ticket price, but since the bike had just over 24K miles on it (that's about 2K miles per year - so not bad) I did make sure that this price included the big 24K service. It also had new Dunlop 207RR's on it, a new battery and needed a new clutch slave cylinder so was duly fitted with the latest uprated OEM version. It also had a 3 month warranty.

So in real terms I reckoned that with that little lot on top, the price I paid for the bike was about 4K. For me, buying a bike that was 'all done' and ready to ride away was worth it - rather than searching for a private deal then having to budget for any maintenance required and the extra hassle and time involved in getting it all done.

[Edited on 30-11-2005 by Jools]