View Single Post
Old 11-May-2009, 00:19
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Thumbs up

Just logged on to the forum for the first time in a while, as some of you will know things haven't been too easy here over the past 6 months

You will also be aware that I am one of those stepping down from the MT at this years AGM so would stress how important it is that new people step up to take on the roles.

Is it easy? In a word no.

It involves a lot of personal time and effort, I've put in mine over the past 10 years some of which I feel has been worthwhile and some which quite frankly has been totally wasted.

This year I plan to attend the Track Days at Cadwell merely to help with the admin, I plan to ride up the day before, stop over ready to get to the circuit early morning on the 15th, spend the day helping to sign people on then attend the AGM in the evening as outgoing chairman/PR Organiser. I'll then stay overnight in B&B ready to do the same on the second day (less the AGM of course).

During all of this I won't put a wheel on track, will have taken 2 days off work, paid for accommodation and subsistence all from my own pocket.

Maybe that puts a bit of perspective on things? When I've gone to meetings to represent the club I claimed no travelling expenses whatsover. I'm not complaining in making these comments just highlighting the realities.

At the outset a small group of us had an idea of what could be offered as a new club focussed on modern Ducatis, we got a lot of enthusiasm from people who could see the ideas we had in mind as of interest to them. We organised trips overseas to WDW and did all kinds of different things.

The club has evolved to cater for quite a varity of interests many of which require a fair bit of admin. behind the scenes to keep going.

The truth is we've had some blindingly good successes with things like DD and the annual 2 day track event amongst others.

We really do need to develop the regions but for some time now we (the MT) have been so thin on the ground that we've been "multi-tasking" just to try and keep the balls in the air. We only just have the 5 elected members required for the quorum as it stands so people need to come forward and get stuck in. The fundamental structure is there to be built back up so it is feasible if people want to put in the effort and push things forward.

Please make the effort to get to the AGM, if you think you can help out do put your ideas forward; Tim (Rattler) has recently got the Ducati of the Month competition off the ground and other ideas will get the backing of the MT I'm sure.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.