View Single Post
Old 21-Dec-2006, 14:45
Mille

Mood: 1098s is here.... and now dirty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossa
I'll try and get some piccies tomorrow on collection but it's so foggy you won't see much!!

Not trying to be a show off BTW, just thought some people might like the actual view of a real punter rather than anything we've all read.

I was concerned about the raised seat height over the 999 but it's narrower towards the tank and slopes down so it's fine. I think even if you were around 5'5' you'd be ok as there is some height adjustment on the rear shock and you can drop the forks a bit.

The tank is plastic by the way, everything on the bike seems to weigh bugger all. Really impressive.

If anyones riding around Hampshire or Dorset tomorrow lunchtime and you see two guys riding 1098's around at sub 5K revs, that'll be me and me mate then. Roll on 1000KM run in, I wondor if we can do that in a day???!!!!
How excited must you be....... I went to Coventry yesterday to see their demo...... mine in on the 5h January...... agree with all you said about the detail etc...... and at 6'2" I have to say us taller ones wont have a problem either, felt more roomy than my 749. One thing to worry yourself about though, notice the fitted tyres are Diablo Super Corsa's! Not ideal for running in on cold damp January roads!!!!!!!