View Single Post
Old 01-Jun-2006, 07:05
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
well everything is pointing in the direction of a faulty regulator/rectifier - not letting the current thru to charge the battery
BUT last night when i initially switched the ignition on, the red charging light came on as did the other fairy lights then immediately fell away to a non existent glow,before i hit the starter button the other lights remained on- hit the starter button 'the bike fired up the charging light remained extinguished-switched off the bike and the charging light remained off for the rest of the testing by this time i thought that the bulb had blown eventually stripped all the dash apart to find that the bulb was in fact ok- why doesnt the bulb light up when the the ignition is switched on? if the circuit is not charging the battery why doesnt the light tell me its not working? or have as usual misinterpereted the meaning "charging light" or does it light only come on when there is a total charging loss from the genarotor ,which i dont understand cos the warning light is is wired in after the current has been thru the regulator /rectifier- when by this time you would know about it any way?
as you can tell auto electrics is not my strong point(still searching for one of those )
phil -the general relay clicks on/off fine
going to pick up a new regulator later bet its not a straight forward plug and play job