View Single Post
Old 02-Sep-2003, 20:27

aerodynamics

I would like to introduce a different slant to all this power talk and tell you that it's pointless anyway. Last years trip to wdw on the old style bike saw cruising speeds between fuel stops of anything up to 160mph. tucked behind the screen and no problems at all. On the new bike I have now your top speed is governed by how well you can hang on. Although I can hit a indicated 159 down the back straight at snetterton the problems dont show themselves because you are too busy. BUT sit on a foreign motorway and try this and you will find that the aerodynamics will not allow such speeds, the sides of the fairing where the foils are will flap and the top locating lugs will come adrift. Even laying on the tank you are hit so hard by the blast....... I didn't notice all this on the tracks or on UK roads but this years trip to spain showed it up. And you need not waste time and energy with ducati UK, they just say that nobody else has had a problem. The only person that has a problem is Neil Hodgson, he has a higher and wider fairing that no doubt works. He has even discussed it in MCN. But I get nowhere.
One p***ed 999 owner.