View Single Post
Old 10-Jul-2005, 03:51
Mille
Bikes: 996 sps foggy, 2001 r6, 1098S, s1000rr, Panigale 1199S

Mood: on the back wheel !!
Right you lot !!
Ive tinkered with the power commanders for some time now, and you need to make sure that you get the pc which has the single cylinder adjustment. This allows adjustment to commpensate for the differing operating temps of each unit (the rear cylinder runs hotter).
The maps you download from the dj web site are your starting point, but tend to make the bike run rich (safety), but you can adjust on a dyno to fine trim the map. I bought a data logger from the states which measures the air fuel ratio and rpm etc, over a 44 minute period, and this is then downloaded to your PC.
With this you can see where your bike is running correctly, and you cant do this on a dyno, as you cant assimilate road conditions.
Looking at your A/F ratio in your rev range allows you to then adjust the PC map accordingly, but not to go on the lean side.
The Lamda sensor fits right into the two plugs on the lower bends of the exhausts, and my data logger is the size of a multimeter, and can sit in a tank bag.

It also has a neat little clamp which can be fitted onto the exhaust outlet for use where a bike does not have the bungs, although I bought 4 weld in types for future bikes.

The rpm pick up clamp is quite small and simply clamps onto the HT lead.

All this for about 350 quid, including software.

The FIM eproms are the best on the market if you are going down this route, and are configured by doing road tests and dyno work on the actual model you have.
You can also tweak your duke by using a lighter flywheel, which will give a little more responsive feel when you spin her up on the throttle. However i would advise replacing the lock nut with the two individual ones you can buy online in the states.

I tweaked my 996 sps foggy rep with the above and it make a fair bit of difference to the bike.
Dont forget to take out the inline air filters too, and fit yourself an ITG filter, or similar.

You can now tweak your cam timing too, for a little more, but have this done by a trained operator John Hacket for eg.

If i can help you any further, just email me.