View Single Post
Old 23-Jun-2006, 15:14
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by iang
Yes Gizmo, so you know who that is !

You would think they would rather change the whole leg, they would get extra labour for it.

not that easy, to fix the fork you need special tools from Ohlins which ohlins don't supply Ducati dealers but maybe with your dealer they have them for Aprilia, i think Ducatis oem fork deal requires ohlins to fix forks so DUK can't pay the dealer, that would be up to ohlins ( thats how it works when we buy oem forks from most suppliers for our mountain bikes), ohlins won't want to pay Ducati dealer rates cos it probably isn't cost effective, the dealer will get less for replacing the leg as its a quick, easy job to do. Maybe they have a way of reclaiming cost from either DUK or Ohlins even so ideally you want both legs doing at same time as oil will be old in one new in the other. Whatever, its confusing and crazy that legs get replaced for the sake of a seal, ultimately we are paying for it in higher bike prices which allow for the warranty work.

yes, i know the dealer and buy all my clothing from them but wouldn't take a bike to them for service and haven't for over 12 years