View Single Post
Old 03-Jul-2003, 15:13
500SD

That explains where you got 220mm from then! I don't think most people realise that even adjusting your chain alters ride height. That's where I find the tool comes into its own and from the sound of it, I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and get one.

Got some "base settings" from JHP recently. Assuming it's Showa front, four rings showing above top yoke and static sag of 22-25mm. At the rear, 246mm ride height and static sag of 8-10mm. Adjust comp and rebound (front and back) to suit yourself. Also, try to get the axle centre at approx 5 o'clock in relation to the eccentric centre (if that makes sense) when looking from the sprocket side. That's how I'm running at the moment and I gotta say, it's not bad at all! I had the same problem when I tried to loosen the tie bar lock nuts for the first time. They were a total bas***d to undo and even heat and a vice wouldn't shift them (loctited at the factory) so I ended up cutting them off (super soft aluminium) and buying new ones, only a couple of quid each. Used molybdenum disulphide grease on the new ones and now they loosen off no prob when needs be.

If you're speaking to K-Tech, ask about having your forks and shock reworked. I know someone thats had it done and the difference is amazing! I guess that's why almost the entire BSB paddock have K-Tech modded suspension! Cost about £700 but that's a lot less than even the cheapest Ohlins forks and it's both ends of the bike!