View Single Post
Old 08-Aug-2005, 19:16
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
There are verious lines down craner curves, my favorite is to keep it tight to the righthand side. This means that peeps have got to go around you and risk running wide for the left kink. I prefer to start my turn in for the old hairpin 2/3rds the way along the curbing. Its off chamber at this point so wait until you you have turned the bike before gassing hard. Allow the bike to drift out left and the sweep back for the first part of the double apex left. You should have shortshifted by this time. If you have'nt ! its too late because you will be cranked hard over and making it very difficult to change gear. Drift right out to the righthand side of the track between the apexs, this will enable you to miss the bumps. Keep the power full on until you have passed the 2nd apex. Pick the bike up once you have meet the 2nd apex and then its a matter of how much speed and how good you are on the brakes. I use no more than a 3rd of the circuit from the righthand side from the 2nd apex. Again this means that peeps will have to go around you or make it difficult for themselves to go under you and make Mcleans. I drop down 2 for mcleans, hug the curb and wind on the gas progressively. Up 1 more and then back again. Turn into coppice before you see the apex. Allow the bike to run wide, pick up and start gassing it. You should be at full throttle by the time you meet the exit. I'm crap at braking but I will keep the bike tight to the righthand side for the entry into the esses. As soon has I've turned the bike for the left hander I'm winding on the gas. Braking for redgate is anything from the end of the pit wall to the start of the blue crosshatch, don't be tempted to turn in too late or too early. A good reference point is the join between the pit exit and the circuit. ( far side) Apex is late there is a serviceroad to your right. meet it at mid way. Don't be tempted to drift out too far to the left when exiting redgate, if you are having to go out that far, you entry is too hot and you are not able to get on the gas early enough. If you get it right you can get on the power just before the apex giving you plenty of time to get on the gas and short shift to hollywood.

[Edited on 8-8-2005 by Jon]

Where did you steal that lot from?

It can't be yours, 'cause you missed the part where you

"go in too hot, brake poorly, miss the apex, hit the grass and pick it up quickly from the gravel!!!"