View Single Post
Old 08-Aug-2005, 19:26
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I wasn't gunna do this, but I should be fast enough or I need shooting - Here's a 1.24 lap with Dumski...

This is based on Snett Gearing less one on the back sprocket (58-60bhp, 5 speed)

Redgate is all important!!!!!!

I start braking at the end of the blue triangle at end of pit lane, down 2 gears.

Wait until you're just about to take to the gravel before turning in. It's a late apex (use the end of the rumble strip on the inside of the turn as your apex).

Up to top gear through Hollywood, and flat all the way down Craner (takes bottle, but easy once you've done it - like bungee jumping... which I haven't done yet)

Back 2 gears for the old hairpin, and I'm on the gas again pretty much as I turn in. You need to nail this turn in order to get the drive up the hill. It loads the front a lot through there and takes bottle to go through it quickly.

Up to 4th before apexing Spitfires kink, and just the other side grab top gear.

Flat out though Schwantz (bit of a bottler) and stay left. You need to get the bike upright to brake quite hard for Mcleans (if you've carried the speed) back 2 gears for Mcleans.

Up to 4th gear on run to Coppice.

Then back again to 3rd just before you tip in.

Coppice is a blind entry and you have to turn before you hit the top of the rise. It's bloody wide on the exit and you can get fully on the gas once you've turned over the rise (you won't think you can, but it's soooo wide) You'll grab another gear (4th) about 3/4 the way around, and then top gear before the bridge.

Use the building on the left for brake markers, until you're braking past it, and then I used the rumble strip on the right hand side (You'll be on the left!)

Back 2 gears (3rd) for the Esses, and you can get hard on the gas once you've apexed the first right hander, and drive right out to the rumble strip after apexing the left turn.

The rumble strips are pretty flat at Donny, so you can use em all

Now, nobody has read this - right!!!